Entrust your smile to Marietta’s Award-Winning Dentist. Get the look you want without the pain.
For a FREE Implant Consultation, fill out our form or call at (770) 578-1331!
Enter your information below to get started.
Approximately 50% of people in America between the ages of 18 and 64 are missing one or more teeth. The most natural, functional, and advanced technology to replace a missing tooth (or teeth) is dental implants. The benefits of implants include:
- More than 9 out of 10 implants last greater than 15 years.
- Dental Implants never develop decay, and will never require a root canal.
- Dental implants preserve the jawbone, and prevents the look of premature aging due to a sunken face.
Implant Supported Denture
Wish you could enjoy food the way you used to? Most importantly, find a cost effective way of gaining your smile back and regain the use of your teeth as if they were yours? Here at Shallowford Dental, we can provide the opportunity for you to feel confident and comfortable every time you smile. We have multiple options using the latest technology available to help you restore your smile.
Did You Know?
The only reason for us to have a jaw bone is to hold our teeth in place!
If you lose one or more teeth your body thinks it does not need the bone in that area anymore and it begins to “resorb” (dissolve) the bone.
When this happens our face loses support and sinks in giving us an appearance of being much older than we actually are.
In today’s world the only way we know how to stop this bone loss and early aging process is by placing dental implants.
Want to know more?
Contact Shallowford Dental at (770) 578-1331 for your Free Dental Implant Consultation.
What are dental implants?
If you’ve lost one or more of your teeth to gum disease, injury or tooth decay, dental implants may be the best way to restore your smile.
Designed to match the color and look of surrounding teeth, dental implants are made of lightweight titanium and are actually fused to your bone as permanent solutions.
How are dental implants placed in the mouth?
There are two parts involved with getting dental implants. In the first procedure, a channel is created in the jawbone (where your roots would be in a regular tooth), and the implant is fitted into that channel. A temporary healing cap may be placed over the new channel. This surgery should not be painful and is generally done under local anesthesia just like other common dental procedures.
Then, your mouth will need to heal and the implant will fuse to the bone over a period of two to six months. When the implant has fused, your Marietta, GA dentist will be able to attach a tooth restoration to the implant to finalize the procedure.
What if multiple teeth are missing?
If you are missing several teeth in a row, your Marietta dentist may use a combination of implants and custom-designed bridgework or crowns to give you back a gap-free smile.
If it makes sense to replace all of your upper or lower teeth, removable implant-supported dentures may be used instead of traditional dentures. With removable implant-supported dentures, the dentures are better connected so you don’t need to worry about the slipping and sliding that can occur with traditional dentures. Removable dentures can also provide additional support for your cheeks, lip and face if you’ve had extensive gum-tissue or bone loss.
Taking care of implants
Just as brushing, flossing and regular cleanings are important for your natural teeth, they’re also important for your implants. Your Marietta dentist will also want to periodically monitor your new implants to make sure they’re doing what you want and need them to do.
Why consider our Marietta dental implants?
In addition to giving you the confidence to smile widely, dental implants can also provide the following benefits:
- Improved speech. If you are missing teeth, or if you have been using dentures, you may unconsciously be mumbling or even slurring your words. With dental implants, there is no danger of the dentures slipping so you can speak comfortably and clearly.
- Eating is easier. A gap in your mouth where a tooth used to be can make everyday activities like eating more difficult. Traditional dentures can slide, which doesn’t make eating any easier. When you choose a dental implant, you’ll have a mouth full of teeth again and will find yourself eating normally for perhaps the first time in years!
- Convenient and durable. There’s nothing to remove, because implants are permanent, and they’re very durable. When taken care of, an implant may last a lifetime.
- Improved oral health. Your dental implants will never decay, and you’ll never need root canals on them.
- May make you look younger! Because dental implants help preserve your jawbone, they can reduce a “sunken face” appearance and make you look years younger.
To schedule an appointment and learn more about dental implants in Marietta, GA, contact Shallowford Dental today or call our office at (770) 578-1331.
|We explain all options to you so you can take charge of your dental health. With sedation dentistry, we now have a way for treatment to be accomplished in minimal visits, with no pain, and little memory of the experience.|
- Basic & Advanced Dental Care
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Implants
- Migraine Prevention
- Sedation Dentistry
- TMJ / TMD Treatments
- Teeth Whitening
“Everybody’s wonderful. Dr. Patel – you just don’t get a nicer person.”
– Marie Hutson, Shallowford Dental Patient